Do you want to be part of building a digital publishing house in Spain? Are you a Spanish native speaker? We are looking for an employee for an exciting and challenging employment as Digital Editor at Saga.
Note: Only Spanish native-speaking applicants will be taken into consideration for the position.
Saga is an international digital publishing house which has existed since 2014. We digitize and publish e-books, audiobooks and print-on-demand in more than 30 languages, thus giving old and forgotten books a new life. The publishing house is part of Lindhardt and Ringhof, a company in Egmont. See more at www.sagaegmont.com and www.egmont.com.
Saga is expanding in Spain and is therefore looking to hire a digital editor for the Spanish market.
Primary tasks for the digital assistant editor will include
- Secure digital e-book and audiobook rights
- Work with and organize local freelancers and authors
- Register titles in our IT-systems
- Organize for the publications to reach the market
- Produce sales and marketing material
- Seek collaboration with local vendors, publishing houses
- organize audiobook productions
Preferred qualifications for the right candidate:
- a university degree in either business or within the arts and languages
- a broad knowledge of Spanish and international literature
- the ability to quickly adapt to different IT-systems of high complexity
- is not afraid to call strangers on the phone or speak publicly
- has excellent negotiation skills
- has a start-up mentality, meaning that the person flourishes in an ever changing environment where no task is too little and none too big for the person to take responsibility
- is not afraid to take on trivial tasks such as registering books in our systems, and will do so with efficiency and energy
- is ready to help with tasks outside the person’s area of responsibility
- has the following language requirements: Spanish (native) and English (full professional ability). Danish is not mandatory.
If this sounds like you, we can offer you a super exciting job, where you will quickly have a large responsibility and where no two days are the same.
The workplace will be in central Copenhagen, Denmark.
Only native Spanish speaking applicants will be taken into consideration.
If you have questions, you are welcome to contact Publishing Director, Lasse Horne / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your application plus CV to email@example.com
Deadline 15th of October 2019